INFORMATION, RULES, AND GUIDELINES.
- YOUR PARADE APPLICATION IS DUE MAY 15, TO INSURE INCLUSION; $25.00 nonprofit FEE and/or the regular fee of $50.00 FOR BUSINESSES. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER MAY 15,WILL BE CHARGED an additional $25.00 FEE FOR NON-PROFITS & $100 FOR PROFITS. THE PROPER FEE MUST ACCOMPANY ALL APPLICATIONS.
- ALL VEHICLES/GROUPS IN THE PARADE MUST BE REGISTERED AND IDENTIFIED AS PARADE PARTICIPANTS. ALL CARS/OR TRUCKS OR FLATBEDS MUST HAVE A SIGN WITH YOUR CLUB/BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION. FLOATS PERMISSIBLE. NO SEMIS OR 5TH WHEELS. WALKING GROUPS ENCOURAGED TO HAVE BANNERS OR SIGNS.
- ALL PARADE PARTICIPANTS MUST BE STAGED ON CLAIR STREET BETWEEN SECOND AND THIRD. VEHICLES ENTER STAGING AREA FROM SECOND ONTO ST. CLAIR. WALKING GROUPS MEET IN COOPERS PARK AT REGISTRATION BOOTH. LINE UP STARTS AT 11 AM ON1st Saturday of JUNE PARADE WILL STEP-OFF APPROXIMATELY AT 12 PM.
- TO ENSURE SAFETY OF THE PARTICIPANTS AND TO LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF LITTER GENERATED BY THE PRIDE PARADE, THE THROWING OF ITEMS (I.E.CONFETTI, BEADS, COUPONS, ETC.) OUT OF VEHICLES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH ANY AND ALL REGULATIONS, TRAFFIC REGULATIONS, AND OTHER PUBLIC SAFETY REGULATIONS AS REQUIRED BY THE DAYTON POLICE DEPT.
- ALL VEHICLES SHOULD ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 11:00 AM FOR LINEUP.THE PRIDE PARADE COMMITTEE DETERMINES PLACEMENT IN THE PARADE. THE PARADE WILL START AT 12 PM.
- UPON ARRIVAL PLEASE CHECK IN TO THE PRIDE PARADE COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE LINEUP AT 2ND AND PATTERSON. IF YOU ARE REGISTERING YOUR VEHICLE ON THE DAY OF THE PARADE THE APPROPRIATE REGISTRATION FEE MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
- ALL VEHICLES MUST BE DULY LICENSED IN THE STATE IN WHICH IT IS REGISTERED, AND MUST BE OPERATED BY A DULY LICENSED OPERATOR. COPIES OF PROOF OF VALID INSURANCE FOR BOTH DRIVER AND OWNER (IF DIFFERENT PEOPLE) OWNER’S VEHICLE REGISTRATION, AND DRIVERS LICENSES OF OPERATOR ARE REQUIRED, AND MUST BE PROVIDED WITH THE APPLICATION. COPIES OF INSURANCE POLICIES MUST INDICATE THAT THE POLICY WILL BE IN FORCE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. ALL COPIES OF VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS AND OPERATORS LICENSES MUST INDICATE THAT THE LICENSE IS VALID ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- IT IS THE INTENT OF THE DAYTON PRIDE PARTNERSHIP GAY PRIDE PARADE COMMITTEE TO PRESENT AN EVENT THAT MAY BE ENJOYED BY EVERYONE. WE CONSIDER THIS TO BE A FAMILY ORIENTED EVENT, APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES, INCLUDING OUR CHILDREN. BECAUSE OF THIS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS THAT WE CONSIDER INAPPROPRIATE. NUDITY IS PROHIBITED. ONCE THE APPLICATION IS APPROVED THE APPLICATION IS NON TRANSFERABLE TO ANY OTHER ENTITY WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE PARADE COMMITTEE.
- ALL DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE BY THE COMMITTEE ARE CONSIDERED FINAL! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS YOU MAY DIRECT THEM TO THE PARADE CHAIR: LEE PERRY @ firstname.lastname@example.org
COURTHOUSE SQUARE VENDORS
- The PRIDE COMMITTEE is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and will maintain this environment at Courthouse square or whatever/wherever the venue is set.
- The Center/Pride Committee embraces the community’s rich diversity of identities and experiences. It is for this reason that we aim to ensure The Center/PRIDE Committee remains a place where everyone feels welcomed. Therefore, no group utilizing space at The Center/Courthouse Square shall engage in hate speech or bigotry of any kind. Engaging in or advocating violence is strictly prohibited. Engaging in illegal activities on the premises is strictly prohibited. All our vendors/users of the center or exhibitors at events, like PRIDE, must pledge to be Gay Affirming. The Center/Pride Committee maintains the right to restrict or reject any group whose presence at PRIDE/Courthouse Square or use of The Center negatively impacts other groups and/or individuals that use The Center or participate at our PRIDE Celebrations.
- The Center is a non-denominational, non-partisan organization and does not support or endorse activities held on its premises. Activities held at PRIDE/The Center must neither conflict with nor interfere with Center-sponsored or Center- produced programming such as PRIDE. When such conflicts arise, Center programming will be given priority.
- The Center’s Meeting & Conference Services/PRIDE Committee’s staff is responsible for processing requests to use space and equipment and for executing Space Use Agreements. All groups and individuals utilizing space at The Center/PRIDE must execute a Space Use Agreement and agree to abide by The Center’s Space Use Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct, Pledge of Non-Discrimination, Gay Affirming, Good Neighbor Pledge and Payment Terms. Failure to do so, or otherwise violating these guidelines, will result in suspension or cancellation of space use permission.
RULES FOR ENTERTAINMENT
- No group, individual or entertainer of any type may use any type of confetti, streamers or glitter. If it pops and shoots anything out, consider it banned. Otherwise you will be required to clean it up yourself at the end of the event or you will be billed a clean up fee of no less than $500.
- All performances must be family friendly. Any profanity or lewd comments or gestures Is strictly prohibited. Your music will be stopped, the next act will be introduced, and you will be required to leave the stage.
- As you know, timing is important. Be present at the stage and checked in with the MC 15 minutes prior to your assigned timeslot.